Getting the Most from a Complex Asset
The long duration of BOLI policies, often exceeding 50 years, makes it inevitable that you will need to assess aspects of this complex asset during its term. We provide the expert advisory services you need to thoroughly understand your BOLI program and ensure compliance, particularly when you have multiple types of BOLI resulting from past acquisitions.
We have been advising clients ranging from the world’s largest financial institutions to mid-sized banks for over 30 years. They call upon us to assist with M&A due diligence when BOLI is involved, knowing that we will work quickly and maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Additionally, they call us to perform in-depth analyses of existing BOLI portfolios, particularly after the acquisition of banks owning BOLI.
Pre-M&A Due Diligence
- Assessment of the target’s BOLI holdings and benefit liabilities.
- Identification of material issues that would require surrendering a policy or create a tax liability.
- Quantification of the financial impact of BOLI holdings so transaction terms can be adjusted accordingly.
- Fulfillment of governance requirements for due diligence.
- Summary report with recommendations.
BOLI Portfolio Due Diligence
- Identification of current or potential vulnerabilities.
- Independent, comprehensive assessment of BOLI holdings, including complex arrays of policies resulting from multiple acquisitions.
- Thorough governance assessment.
- Comprehensive report of risks, deficiencies and mitigating recommendations.
Our comprehensive, fee-for-service model means you only pay for the resources you need for prudent BOLI risk management. We invite you to learn more about our BOLI Advisory Services: